Throughout life, we face hundreds of awkward, uncomfortable or embarrassing situations.
Getting turned down by a girl you wanted to ask out. Failing at your first venture, Giving the wrong answer in front of a class filled with bad kids or simply falling flat on your nose on the street because you stepped on a wondering stone.
In a short summary: Nothing good will happen in your comfort zone, and being limited to what you feel comfortable with is the holding back your progress.
In order to start stepping out of my comfort zone, I chose three simple and small tasks, so I won’t have a good excuse not to do them.
My challenges were:
1. Take 3 selfies (i’ve never taken and uploaded a selfie before. Yes I know, every 15 year old kid does it this days).
2. Launch a digital product (an email Twitter course for startups to be precise) and charge for it.
3. Do a live streaming (Basically stream the launch of the Twitter course).
I had 14 days to complete all tasks.
1. Selfies challenge: Mission accomplished!
I took 3 selfies: two i’ve already posted online:
1. Me, writing a blog post with the emotional support of my 1 month old baby girl.
2. We’ve recently moved to a new office space, and as we were going to get some coffee to start our day, we discovered that Nimrod, who was the owner of a coffee shop I started my business in (It was my office for 3 years) is now managing this coffee place. We were supper excited about it. Great selfie opportunity.
The third one, i’m posting online right now with this Tumblr post. Thank you Alan Weinkrantz (from Rackspace, they are awesome, you should check them out right now!) for joining me for my final selfie in the challenge.
My other two challenges on the other hand are far from being complete.
2. The Twitter course – I’ve outlined most of the content I need, started doing some of the research and thinking about some promotion tactics when launching. In terms of readiness to launch, I would say i’m 15% there. I will need to really put an effort into it this week if I want to do it on time.
In terms of pricing: It will cost 4.99$
3. Live streaming – this actually depends on the course progress.
Because I don’t want to lose 2/3 of the challenge if the course isn’t ready, I already have a backup plan of what I’ll stream instead – It will probably a growth tip, or presenting our next webinar.
This is the update for now. I’ve finished 1/3.
BTW, i’m actually doing an Instagram challenge for growing my following using specific tactics. Are you big on Instagram? Please let me know in the comments here.